Digital marketing is changing and evolving. As marketers, we need to continuously learn, adjust and adapt to new trends. In this article, we’ll discuss four digital marketing trends you can’t ignore in 2020.

1. Voice Search

Voice search optimisation

Are you voice search ready? If you are, then you’re in the top 4% of US businesses. A study showed that only 4% of businesses with a physical location were voice ready. The reality is that you’re probably in the other 96% and haven’t even voice search any thought. Considering 40% of adults depend on voice search every day with this number growing, it’s definitely a trend we’ll start to see more and more people adapt to.

Voice search is Google’s new trend and it has a significant impact on your SEO. One of the biggest developments impacting the world of digital marketing today is the widespread adoption of voice search technology, which is changing how search marketing professionals optimize websites to rank for targeted keywords and queries.

If you want to optimize your website for voice search, it must be mobile-friendly. Next, you need to consider keywords that it is easier to tell than type. People tend to search with questions on voice search, and when they use local keywords, they add keywords like “product + near me” and expect to get instructions. Your job is to use these questions and keywords on your website.

2. Video Marketing – TikTok

TikTok Digital Marketing

Video marketing is not only about YouTube. You can add videos to your website or your social media accounts. Video is the type of content with the most conversions and engagement, but many marketers do not include it in their marketing efforts. Facebook prioritises video content for good reason. The average engagement rate for Facebook video posts is 6.01%. Out of these, Facebook video engagement stats show that, at 6.01%, video post score above other categories like photo posts (4.81%), link posts (3.36%), and status posts (2.21%)

Creating a YouTube channel is a good idea if you have not created yet, but the key platform to look out for in 2020 is TikTok. It’s estimated to exceed Instagram’s growth and has taken the world by storm. TikTok has 500 million active users worldwide. It was ranked as the top most downloaded app in Apple’s iOS App Store for Q1 2019, with more than 33 million downloads with 41% of users are aged between 16 and 24. 

3. Interactive Content

Facebook Interactive Ads

Creating content our users want to engage with are getting harder and harder. We scroll through our feeds on Facebook and Instagram throughout the day without even realising we’re on the app. Our jobs as digital marketers are getting more and more difficult. We’re all fighting for more of our prospect’s time span in a world where there is no shortage of content.

What is Interactive Content? Snapchat defines it as “Content that requires the participants’ active engagement — more than simply reading or watching. In return for that engagement, participants receive real-time, hyper-relevant results they care about.”

Interactive content can come in many forms and if you’re a regular user of social apps and technology, you would be familiar with interacting with quizzes, polls, games to name a few. The idea is that the longer someone interacts with your content, the more engaged your potential customers are, the more you can capture their attention and the more your brand is going to linger in their minds. Reward their participation and see your engagement skyrocket!

The social networks are also adapting to this trend and rewarding brands who create interactive content. You can now implement polls within your video ads and Instagram has been slowly rolling out Instagram Shopping to all countries.

What digital marketing strategy are you implementing to explode your business in 2020? Want to learn how to multiply leads for your business? Check out our previous blog.

Leave a Reply